Wednesday, April 25, 2007

POEM

THIS PEOM WAS SELECTED AS POEM OF THE YEAR


No One Like You
By: Rodline Rocques

My heart has been broken many times,
And I thought I wouldn’t date anymore.
My friends fall in love too quickly,
And don’t want that to happen to me at all.
But when I met you,
I thought the world went upside down.
We got to know each other,
And I knew there was no one like you.
When I think about your name,
Many things run through my mind.
When I lie down and think about you at night,
I wonder if I’m on your mind too.
But when I say your name, there is this feeling that I get,
And I’ve never experience it when I’m not thinking of you.
Seeing you leave for the day gets me sad,
And want to cry at times.
The way you say my name,
The butterflies I get when you run your hands through my hair to keep me close to you.
When you are gone, I can still smell you on my clothes.
Is there a reason why we were put together?
To hear your voice is like the sounds of happy bells,
And the angels singing in heaven.
We wake up in the morning to watch the sunrise,
And it’s the most romantic thing that I can think of.
It was like a dream come true meeting you.
I give you my heart, and I have yours.
Broken hearts doesn’t have place in our relationship.
Tears and anger shall I not experience any more,
Because I have you.
You are the root of my heart and our love shall grow through eternity.

No comments: